40 Interesting Debate Topics: Social, Culture and Beyond
Debates requires all the necessary ingredients for it to be conducted smoothly. For instance, one needs to choose a topic that is interesting.
When conducting a debate, there are several questions that ones needs to ask himself or herself. For instance, what interests you? What do you consider as fun when debating among many other questions? Besides, one needs to consider his or her audience. For instance, what are some of the topics you think your audience would enjoy debating about and other many considerations. The following are some of the debating topics that may help to suit any of your debating needs.
High School Debating Topics That Are Interesting
We simply remember the debating clubs in high school where many of us used to participate. it is fact that students in high school are at the stage where they are able to grasp and comprehend various concepts such as he social and political concepts. Therefore, these are the topics you can introduce them to
- Justification of the animal testing
- Why laptops should be allowed in classrooms
- Is death penalty legal or illegal
- Why the effects of global warming is an issue in the modern world
- The impact of the American war against terrorism activities
- Effects of the school detention
- Justification of drug testing among the athletes
- Impact of the life imprisonments of the adolescents without the parole
- Whether animal cloning can be considered ethical or not
- The effectiveness of the single sex schools as compared to co-ed schools
- Is it appropriate for schools to provide day care services to students’ mothers?
- Impacts of the school uniforms
- Effects of censoring some parts of the media
- Should human beings be blamed for the extinction of some of the wild animals
- Do television help in the process of mind building among the children
- The effects of social networks and other networking sites in the society
- The effectiveness of the grading systems in high schools
- The justification of the euthanasia
- Is it appropriate to use cellphones in class or not?
- Whether video gaming is appropriate for children or not
College and Beyond Debate Topics That Are Interesting
When most people get to college, they have already developed and normally tend to have ideas that are pretty good concerning how the world works. Besides, they tend to hold on beliefs and other set standards that are purely based on what they consider to be moral or immoral. The following are some of the selected topics that students in colleges can debate and beyond;
- Why eating meat is considered as unethical
- Why they feel that homework should be banned in schools
- Whey fried foods should be issued with a warning on it
- Whether social networking sites are appropriate or they are meant to stalk people
- When torturing should be justified especially when used for national security
- Whey the banning of cell phones in school is effective
- Why gaming videos that are violent should be banned
- Why the banning of animal dissections in schools is more appropriate
- The effects of plastic bags on the environment and why they should be banned
- Whether human beings have become more dependent on computers or not
- Whether gay marriages should be declared legal or illegal
- Why the co-education should be considered as a good idea
- whether animal cloning is justified and why it should be permitted
- the effects of bullying in schools and how it can be stopped
- why it is appropriate for schools to start conducting drug testing that are mandatory on their students
- why the security cameras should be considered as an invasion of the human privacy
- why we consider our society has been destroyed by the nuclear energy
- why an age should be considered as a factor when two people of the opposite sex enter into an intimate relationship
- whether the juvenile should be tried before the court of law and given the same treatment as adults
- whether competition in a business is effective or not.
Therefore, when choosing a topic to debate about one should consider his or her audience whether are going to have something to contribute against your position. This calls for one to choose one of the debating topics that is more interesting. As you begin your debate always ensure that your facts and points are always convincing. Give a vivid explanation of your points and give the core reasons as to why you feel the way you do rather than churning out your points. Besides, be courageous enough and confidence to put your point across to your audience.